Veeam Endpoint Backup

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ran across this program after people were talking about Acronis 2018. It basically looks like it does the same thing as Acronis does, but is free.

Veeam® Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE provides a simple solution for backing up Windows-based servers, desktops and laptops. With Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows FREE, you can easily back up your computer to an external hard drive, NAS (network-attached storage) share or a Veeam Backup & Replication™ repository. And, should ransomware encrypt your files, your system fails to boot, your hard drive crashes or an important file gets corrupted or accidentally deleted, you can recover what you need in minutes — like it never happened.
VAW_UI.png.web.1280.1280.pngSource

I just installed this tonight, I will report back how it works.

This just ran took about 5 minutes to back up entire computer to NAS. Worked flawless. Plus it's free!

Installed this on my wife's computer as well last night. Think I will share out my parents main computer's secondary hard drive. Then install on their laptop to backup on the main computer. Same goes for the main computer itself.

Does it have an open file agent?
Do you mean like a file explorer? Yes. You can open the software. Click on the day (default is 14 days of backup). then browse and pick what you want, or do an entire bare metal restore as well.

I was thinking more along the lines of what happens if it tries to backup up a file that is open. (like excel or access)

I was thinking more along the lines of what happens if it tries to backup up a file that is open. (like excel or access)
Ah I see what you mean. I did some googling but can't seem to find a clear answer. I read that Acronis does so I would think it would. I guess I would have to ask support for an answer. Or test it with some documents open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed this on my Mom's desktop, then shared a folder and installed it on her laptop as well and pointed back to the desktop.

Back