All things related to the PS4

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Jul 2, 2009
If you want the best of the best performance wise you would get an X.

Last edited by a moderator:

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Apr 28, 2006
Did you get the Xbox one X? Of course you did, your just like me. You always wanted the best of the best even if it means 1fps more, and one more blade of grass rendered. It's just in our blood.
Yes I did.  But I spend a lot of hours (say 20+ average) on my Xbox weekly.  I also play games online with other that the X has increased draw distance and such things that are beneficial.  The load times are much better, the graphics are better, and I have a 4K set to play games on.  Also the X is a much bigger step up from the S than the PS4 vs Pro.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Apr 28, 2006
Additionally, while sure I want the best of the best, I do not have a PS4 pro.  The increased power isn't worth the cost.  If I didn' have a PS4 and was getting one I'd probably buy a pro.  I have one, not worth the cost to upgrade

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
If you want the best of the best performance wise you would get an X.
But then I couldn't play all the good exclusives. Speaking of I thought about making a post abut exclusives the other day. It seems like when the new consoles got released you could get any game on any console. Have you noticed a trend with exclusives coming back? Should I get a PS4 Pro Pro?

C Pav

Jul 2, 2009
But then I couldn't play all the good exclusives. Speaking of I thought about making a post abut exclusives the other day. It seems like when the new consoles got released you could get any game on any console. Have you noticed a trend with exclusives coming back? Should I get a PS4 Pro Pro?
Yes get a Pro. It has the games you are interested in. I just personally gravitated towards the XBox over time but am glad to have ALL the systems. I am a big fan of XBox Live over the PS gold thing despite having both I never play the PS4. I also am a big fan of the Game Pass on XBox. So worth it so far.

As far as for me upgrading to a pro. No since I barely play it as is.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
I just wish there were some "special packages" besides the gay Star Wars one. Nintendo always pumps out some nice ones.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
The 5.50 firmware brings some neat changes to the PS4 Pro.

Supersampling mode on PS4 Pro

PS4 Pro users taking part in the beta will see a new ‘supersampling mode’ under Settings, which enables those with HDTVs (i.e., 1080p or less) to enjoy an enhanced visual experience when playing some PS4 games.

With supersampling mode, some games will render at a higher resolution and then be downscaled to match the HDTV – allowing PS4 Pro owners to leverage the benefits of an image clarity boost even if their PS4 Pro is not connected to a 4K TV. Please note performance will vary, as games are optimised differently to take advantage of the power of PS4 Pro.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Apr 28, 2006
The 5.50 firmware brings some neat changes to the PS4 Pro.

Supersampling mode on PS4 Pro

PS4 Pro users taking part in the beta will see a new ‘supersampling mode’ under Settings, which enables those with HDTVs (i.e., 1080p or less) to enjoy an enhanced visual experience when playing some PS4 games.

With supersampling mode, some games will render at a higher resolution and then be downscaled to match the HDTV – allowing PS4 Pro owners to leverage the benefits of an image clarity boost even if their PS4 Pro is not connected to a 4K TV. Please note performance will vary, as games are optimised differently to take advantage of the power of PS4 Pro.
Meh.  The X has had that since it launched, it's not revolutionary or worth an upgrade cost.  Also, unless they have changed most of the "Pro" games are not truly in 4K.  They are rendered at something over 1080p, but not in native 4k and then similarly they are just upscaled to 4K resolution with algorithms.  Still looks great, but the same kind of smoke and mirrors to fill in some gaps between the actual resolution of the games and 4k

C Pav

Jul 2, 2009
Nice trash firmware from Sony as usual...

Let's make neat changes for ONLY those with a Pro and a super HDTV.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
Man look at all the Sony hate, is your rage from all the great games exclusives, or just because the PS4 is still outselling even the Xbox one X?

C Pav

Jul 2, 2009
Man give it up. Outselling and you know why. Do I need to post the pictures of guys buying cart fulls of 10+, or how the Asian market loves Sony so much that it's just how it is? I don't deny that they have great exclusives but I will say Forza is the better racing game compared to Sony's offering, Halo is an amazing series and Gears is as well. True they do need much more but your hate of the XBox shows more than any hate by boarder and I toward Sony. If I hated them so much would I have every system made by them?

Again, give it a rest.

C Pav

Jul 2, 2009

Dude have you even played Driveclub?

So you do have a PS4 Pro...
First off do I need to post the reviews to compare the games? Personal preference doesn't mean it's better. Even the worst rated Forza is rated higher than Driveclub.

Will admit you got me there, I overlooked not having the Pro.

Let's just talk about pizza.

C Pav

Jul 2, 2009
Do you like stuffed crust or no?

I love me some stuffed crust! Now I am going to apologize for arguing and get back to being friends and share the love of pizza and our own preference for gaming...You deep down PC loving guy.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Apr 27, 2006
Man Sony has really stepped up their game with all the VR games out there. They are pumping more and more out every week. When it first came out I thought maybe they would release some at first them slow up like the Kinect. But nope they are going full steam with it.