Hearthstone

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So there was a mount that you can get it WoW if you win three rounds with this game. It's basically a game like Magic trading card game but in Blizzard format. Well I was like I just want to do it for the mount. But I actually ended up really liking it and even played more after I got the mount. It's free to play but really addicting. I'm impressed!

Link

cx3ud7Q.jpg

This now came out on the Ipad. Plays just like the PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow at the Deathwing card. I think it's cool because you can play anywhere. I wonder how many guys are playing this all day at work now. The only problem that I see right now is the guys that have been playing it since the beginning have these awesome hands, they need to re-balance who they pair you up with to make it somewhat fair.

Yeah true. I think they do use an auto-matchmaking system, but you're right they probably need to update it.

The Naxxramus update is gonna be sweet I think. Guaranteed legendary cards! New content ++

sweet. that should take me a while but it will be fun

on a side note, man i miss that raid

sweet. that should take me a while but it will be funon a side note, man i miss that raid
Mr. Bigglesworth misses you. ;)

How exactly does this compare to Magic: The Gathering? Seems like the same CCG type of thing, but digital. Is it as complex as MTG or more "dumbed down."

Have wondered about it a bit lately, since I've seen plenty of headlines in my RSS feeds about some recent expansions to Hearthstone, and about the MTG 2015 game starting to launch on consoles.

It's quite fun @ndboarder plus it's free you should try it. But it is addicting. I can tell you one thing it's alot easier to learn that Magic. You play the tutorials and you catch on fast. You don't need to be into WoW and it plays nothing like it. It is unique in itself. Magic on the xbox etc. was complex. I had them and lost interest. This is a way better game imho.

Having not tried it, I can't argue your statement that it's better. Having once collected and played MTG, I know it is complex, but the games on Xbox were never too hard to pick up to me, but I knew the rules going in.

like card games and trading cards games in general, hearthstone is deeply luck/RNG-based... which really throws a lot of people into a rage

there's also a bit of pay to win element... legendary cards can really boost your game, but it seems like the really powerful cards are the ones you play really late in games, so it seems like they want to encourage more early game balance by making the lower mana-cost cards available to everyone

still playing daily.

have gotten a few weird legendaries lately in random packs after arena runs - most recently

considered by most to be useless lol

http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/avatars/80/551/339.png

today i had a game where it came down to the final draw. my weapon did 1 attack and he had 2 hp, and his turn would finish me for certain, then i drew greenskin :D

7CgwS8g.png

I heard Blizzard is going to nerf two of the legendary cards because they are too powerful.

Yes it's a totally free game on PC or Ipad and now phones. You can purchase packs with real money but you don't have to. It's a very easy to learn and relaxing game. You don't need to know anything about WoW to play at all. @7ithium is a big player. I played myself for awhile and it was a blast. Try it out you have nothing to lose. (y)

I have a bit of a habit when it comes to card collection type games... I have probably spent too much money on Hearthstone.

I don't play it as much anymore because I recently got the 500 ranked wins golden portrait for Warrior and the heroic card back from the Naxx expansion so that was all I was really expecting of myself. I don't feel like I have the patience or strength of will to push for legendary in ranked. The highest rank I have obtained is 9 or 10 after many, many games. If it's "not in the cards" for you, you aren't going to gain success no matter what.

I still have my doubts about whether or not certain ranks are rigged, based on the opponents I play (which happen to have direct counters to my decks at the correct times, multiple times in a row). My only explanations are either the wrath of God or that it's rigged in some way.

You also won't get very far in ranked if don't have the cards from expansions/etc.. You can still have fun and I still believe I've had the most fun playing against friends. I mostly just do daily quests and spend the gold on expansion wings. You can save up quite a bit of gold.

yadda yadda

Back