Anyone watching the winter Olympics?

jmanz

Reaction score
Anybody getting into the winter Olympics this year? It has been a struggle for me so far to get interested. Maybe its a lack of star power??? I find the summer games to be more interesting typically.

I've not watched much of anything, but men's hockey starts tomorrow so that might change, since there's no NHL for me to watch. I actually like watching curling too, but haven't caught any this year.

Sounds like they are having trouble filling seats over in Russia. I read that over the first couple days it's estimated that up to 4,000 people didn't show up and volunteers were being looked for to fill seats.

One of the coaches for our Olympic curling squad works for our organization. Kind of cool. Unfortunately I don't know how the game is played so I can't follow along very well.

I would like to watch them, but we don't get them. I like some of the sports like women's ice skating

:D for other reasons
But alot of them like snowboarding etc. seems more of like x-games sports. I think like @ndboarder said it doesn't seem like a big crowd. I think alot of people feared going over there this year.

I find winter olympics pretty tough to watch for the most part. Curling can keep my attention for short bits, but if it weren't for a medal pool I'm in my interest would be close to nothing.

I guess if I had to choose it would be Winter over Summer. The only real sport I get into or watch is hockey, but I don't really care about the Olympic games of hockey anyway. Don't care about the baseball/softball/basketball/soccer/gymnastics of the summer games one bit.

They could just do away with the Olympics altogether and I wouldn't even notice, in fact I'd mostly be happy since it would mean I didn't have to go 3 weeks during the winter without watching a Wild game

The Winter Olympics need to be more like this.

JcwUkLd.gif

They have Frito Lays Caviar and Clam flavored potato chips in Russia. I saw a segment on CNBC this morning. The American dude almost threw up when he tried each of them lol.

They have Frito Lays Caviar and Clam flavored potato chips in Russia. I saw a segment on CNBC this morning. The American dude almost threw up when he tried each of them lol.
Kinda off-topic but clam dip for potato chips is actually really good.

Watching some men's hockey right now on one of my 4 monitors. Using the NBC Sports Live Extra app

In regard to some earlier conversation. The stands at this men's hockey game between Latvia and Switzerland (both teams not expected to get too far) are pretty full. Seems hockey is a pretty big draw in comparison to other things I've seen so far

I've heard that Russia just basically cares about winning gold in Men's Hockey. Anything short of that will be a disappointing Olympics for them.

She can toss my rocks around anytime! (y)

This really needs to be a sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only got to watch about the first half of the USA Men's hockey game from this morning (as a replay), but they had quite the route of Slovakia. 7-1. It was a busy 2nd period for Team USA...

Back