Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

All things related to Nintendo

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ouch!

Ubisoft: "We won't be showing off any Nintendo games at E3 this year"

Ubisoft's E3 2014 lineup won't feature any Nintendo games, according to the publisher.
"We won't be showing off any Nintendo games at E3 this year," a Ubisoft representative said. Currently, the company is slated to show off Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, and more announced and unannouced games at E3 2014.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Members
Is it over yet? Think they will? I agree it really all rides on this.
Pretty sure if it wasn't the first thing they talked about it won't happen. I think they already said a while back no price cut coming any time soon.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Well, I went and tried to look into what they announced. I'm not sold on any of it. Was never a Zelda fan (I know, I know) and what little I ever played of Star Fox I barely remember and don't remember very fondly.

One way or the other, sounds like all their stuff is a year or so out, but at least some of it is news and not just showing us games that have been known for months. I'm going with the price on the Wii U is not dropping until at least some of their bigger announced games launch and they see any of them sell some new consoles.

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
I chuckled while reading this:

Go preorder something random at Target for $1, get $15 off Mario Kart WiiU, and a 'free' Pikmin 3 download. Not too shabby for $46 plus tax....

WayneKerr

Mad scientist
Members
From imgur: "More reasons to be excited about the new Smash Bros"

Dammit Bobby!

Also, fan art for new Mario Kart

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
You know I think they had a great showing even though no one talks about it. Also from reading other forums I was surprised how many people went out and bought Wii U afterwards. Nintendo might be silent but they have their own following.

C Pav

Members
The release of Mario Kart 8 and E3 was a good thing for Nintendo and the Wii U. I read on a forum that sales of the Wii U tripled or something after Mario Kart 8 was released. I really want one but wife said no more consoles. I think I will ask anyway.

ndboarder

Bill Gates' Gimp
Members
Fixed the article title, too bad I can't change it for the source article. It is good to see they are selling more, but the headline makes it sound like they had sold 1,000,000 and now they've sold 4,000,000 or something. In reality, it is that they used to sell 100 a week and since Mario Kart came out they are selling 400 a week.

Oh well, bad news for @C Pav. If this game is pushing sales, there definitely isn't going to be a price drop anytime soon. Especially with a number of other popular series and new games coming that may drive sales even higher.

C Pav

Members
Fixed the article title, too bad I can't change it for the source article. It is good to see they are selling more, but the headline makes it sound like they had sold 1,000,000 and now they've sold 4,000,000 or something. In reality, it is that they used to sell 100 a week and since Mario Kart came out they are selling 400 a week.
Oh well, bad news for @C Pav. If this game is pushing sales, there definitely isn't going to be a price drop anytime soon. Especially with a number of other popular series and new games coming that may drive sales even higher.
Well it's not like I don't have enough games to play as is. A price drop probably won't happen for a long time. I may end up buying at some point without a price drop but for now I am fine with all the systems and games I have.

C Pav

Members
@C Pav world problems, have two systems and need more.
2 or more of each system is next man. That's whey I want your games NOW. Need to have multiple games and systems stored just for peace of mind and to feed the addiction.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I have to admit, maybe Nintendo did win E3.

But in a survey published by IHS Technology and Gamer Network this week, consumers showed a 50% increase in "purchasing intent" for the Wii U, after a wonderful showing at the E3 games event in Los Angeles.
And then there's Mario Kart 8, easily a game of the year contender with half the year to go. It is a sublime and inventive addition to a much-loved series, combining all the traits we have come to expect from top line Nintendo-developed titles: accessibility, variety and depth.

The key thing is that there's not much coming from the other "next-gen" consoles to counter Mario Kart 8 this summer. There will be a few interesting digital-only releases, but the mainstream schedule is, as usual, a wasteland until September.
This gives Nintendo several weeks to really push the Wii U, centred on Mario Kart 8, but also reminding people about a back catalogue that, while hardly an embarrassment of riches, is certainly not an actual embarrassment. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Lego City Undercover are all there to be discovered.
Nintendo is even trying to improve the Wii U's online functionality. A new update allows players to finally transfer data and accounts from one machine to another, and to navigate more easily to the eShop digital store.
Source