Xbox 360: Games with Gold

Reminder that tomorrow is the final day of the week long sales. Pick up some good XBLA stuff at a huge discount while you can. I did pick up I am Alive and Brothers. Already had Deadlight. I also picked up the Trials HD and Trials Evolution over the weekend during a one day sale.

Today's one day deals are on season passes for some popular games, but nothing that really interests me personally, but you can save anywhere from 25-50% on season passes for Arkham Origins, Assassins Creed IV, Injustice, Sainst Row IV and Metro Last light if they interest you.

Finally, tomorrow is also the last day to claim your free copy of Shoot many Robots if you are a gold member. Rumor is that the next "Games with Gold" title (that this thread actually exists for) will be Just Cause 2, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow or Wed. for sure when the January titles get announced.

The last daily deal for the countdown is a 25% discount on Call of Duty: Ghosts if anyone that cares for it doesn't already have it.

Next weeks normal weekly deals for gold members appear to be Lego games

Dec/31 to Jan/06: "LEGO GonD"

• LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $11.99 (-40%)

• LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $11.99 (-40%)

• LEGO Marvel Super Heroes $33.49 (-33%)

• LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $11.99 (-40%)

• LEGO The Lord of the Rings $11.99 (-40%)

Go it. In fact I got every game that has been offered as free. Some I didn't download since I had little interest in them due to already having them but might as well since they are free. Sleeping Dogs is a great game by the way.

I've heard Sleeping Dogs was good, haven't tried it yet. Too busy trying to finish up the Assassins Creed games, and of course they had to go and release AC III: LIberations HD to the Xbox so that I could play it. Anyway, I've also grabbed all free games so far. A few I cancelled the download since I didn't plan to play right away, but might as well grab them. Tied to your account purchase history so you can always download when you want them.

Last day to get Lara Croft: Guardian of Light for free if you are a gold member.

Not sure what is coming tomorrow, I'm assuming that Major Nelson will have a blog post sometime in the next 24 hours to announce the February games.

Tomorrow it is Dead Island and 16th it is Toy Soldiers:Cold War

Note it's after the 16th now, so gold members be sure to claim your copy of Toy Soldiers: Cold War. Remember, only 28 days in Feb, so get it before March 1st.

March 1st - 15th free game for gold members is Civilization: Revolution
I got it pre-day 1(if you check the night before the new game release they usually make the free game live way before midnight our time...like 8 or 9 or so) and it's not bad to scratch that itch for the type of game. I used to love spending a lot of time in games like age of empires 2 and such but now with minimal time to play games it's more difficult.

Yeah, I downloaded it, but not sure when or for how long I'll play it. A few buddies of mine love Civ games, so they were happy to see it. I played a fair amount of Age of Empires: Online while it was first in beta and got burnt out on that gameplay again for a while.

During the beta I'd get my stuff built up, then they'd wipe everything for a new build with more major changes. Then it released and I played some more, think I picked up a piece or two of DLC through work, but it eventually just seemed to repetitive and I moved back onto other things.

I've never actually played a Civ game. Played a lot of AoE games back in the day. I hear they aren't quite the same, but probably close enough.

'Dust: An Elysian Tail,' 'Saints Row: The Third' are May's free Xbox 360 games.

'Dust: An Elysian Tail,' 'Saints Row: The Third' are May's free Xbox 360 games.
Dust is an awesome game but already have it so kind of a let down for me there. I am looking forward to SR3 though. I guess I better play and finish SR2 before it comes out.

http://majornelson.com/2014/05/30/xb...for-june-2014/

Next month, Xbox Live Gold members can look forward to a total of five free games on Xbox One and Xbox 360. As Head of Xbox Phil Spencer recently announced, June’s system update will debut Games with Gold on Xbox One, with Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault. We will announce specific dates that these games will be available soon.

http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mnu24_PawYuDYIoH77pJ.X5Z.MqQPibUVTcuCdM_9H5KiyrE0ayy.XVLY1tvMz9vxVbj9GrAc0aaef3o.idIJlhyNELvEgtBAORAlw.drqiIBA1knETJ1kp5cD5qXxcmRiB7kzhNivWMN84g.UY7b50D9SBOzsEZsM56fkL1ZjUROlpMAr3WkNO2gxzNzgMXKd6ug0kSHPyZ3g-&format=png&h=294&w=215http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mnu24_PawYuDYIoH77pJ.X5Z.MqQPibUVTcNC1LAXIwOQWC7lUqZWm9rgmzDpxTmwLCrIjuxeoA1WmQp_1R1tYAHTeubOmTLxq9tTTZlnt2vsQdOG0ZFW.VQmfLMBEqb3OnjQPXW2Nn0xqbzT1cg5ko7UlN3r5CkL7Cikit.olgJD3fyIU7NPcrVE1qNgV2iJS6gsLht1U6Z7M-&format=png&h=294&w=215

On Xbox 360, Xbox Live Gold members will receive a bonus third title in June to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold. Starting Sunday, June 1st, Dark Souls (normally US $19.99) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through June 15th.

Then on June 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download two titles, Charlie Murder (normally US $9.99) and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (normally US $29.99) , for free through June 30th.

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024e4d083a/1033/boxartsm.jpghttp://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b83/1033/boxartsm.jpghttp://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802434307fc/1033/boxartsm.jpg

From what I've been able to find in my searching, it sounds like the Games with Gold on the 360 will remain as it has been. The games purchased for free during the promotion will just be yours for as long as you have a 360 to play them on. The games on the One will just be yours for as long as you are a Gold member. I've found nothing to indicate that they would only be free during the month of the offering, so hopefully if you get Max or Halo in June they would be yours until gold membership is allowed to expire.

Granted I haven't found anything I would call official that specifically goes into the details on either, but everything I am finding points to this. We'll see if it changes, but I hope not.

I put Dark Souls in my download queue for 360 yesterday. Max:TCoB and Hala: SA are both now available free on the X1. The first ones they chose are ones I already have, so I can't see the price through the online Xbox One store. I'm told that if you go view them online you can "purchase" them for $0.00 and no need to do it from the console. Links for each are below. Depending on your settings they might just download, or you may have to go to the My Apps and Games section on your X1, go all the way over to the right to find the "ready to install" games and choose to install them.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

Halo: Spartan Assault

WOW, didn't realize the 2 free games for the One were coming already. All the speculation was next week. I am EXCITED! As for Dark Souls, I already bought it for $5 when it was on sale during the big sale they had a while back.

Back