Apple products and their iOS

Then it's not true Gorilla glass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well does the S4 not have true Gorilla glass? I was under the impression that it does.

Well does the S4 not have true Gorilla glass? I was under the impression that it does.
What's a S4? o_O

Samsung Galaxy S4.
Never heard of it. There is only one phone and that is a Windows Phone.Help me. ndboarder is here and forcing me to drink the kool-Aid.

Never heard of it. There is only one phone and that is a Windows Phone.
About time you figure it out. As for Gorilla Glass, there are versions of it, so it's gotten better over time. I think most current phones likely have Gorilla Glass 3, though I could be mistaken and they have 2, I dunno.Either way, it is far more resilient than other screens, but it isn't impossible to scratch. You still should not put it in the pocket you have car keys with. It can handle a lot of drops or such, but still if it hits just right it can spider web. I've seen phones take drops of many feet onto concrete or pavement directly hitting the screen and no problem. I've also seen the same make/models have a spiderwebbed screen when dropped from a foot or two where they must've landed at that perfect angle.

Bottom line Gorilla Glass is great, but it isn't perfect either.

I like the update, but it really makes my iPhone 4 slow. I'm glad my contract ends in November with sprint. I'm looking to go back to android and have been thinking about the S4.

The latest update seemed to improve the "sluggyness" that I was experiencing. They say it was for the swip hack thing. But it seemed like they may have slipped this in. Alot faster now.

The update also seemed to resolve an issue I was having with Ford Sync since the IOS7 update. All good now.

I know for me it fixed the slowness on the lock screen. I would enter my password and it would hang for a sec before it put the numbers through. Now it keeps right up with me.

Another update is out today. Hopefully it speeds things up some more.

NYTimes - Why Apple Wants to Bust Your iPhoneThis is actually really interesting and I can believe it.
They create a new OS optimized for their new hardware, it does not run well on old hardware. Not a surprise, but everyone upgrades to the latest thinking they get all the new stuff. That of course generally isn't the case and the OS is a slightly different version or built to disable functionality that won't work with older models. All-in-all, it's pretty much upgrade the device each year if you want the designed experience.

They create a new OS optimized for their new hardware, it does not run well on old hardware. Not a surprise, but everyone upgrades to the latest thinking they get all the new stuff. That of course generally isn't the case and the OS is a slightly different version or built to disable functionality that won't work with older models. All-in-all, it's pretty much upgrade the device each year if you want the designed experience.
I agree with boarder here. Cell phones to me are meant to be updated every two or so years. If you get more time than that and you are happy with the product still, you are playing with house money. I don't really think there is anything sneaky about it and that goes for Apple, Windows, or Droid phones.

Back