Installing screen protectors

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this belongs in Vent here. There is nothing worse than installing a screen protector. Just when you think you get it right you will notice a small speck or fingerprint. But @C Pav had good advice, take a long hot shower, then why the room is somewhat steamy install it. The dust particles in the air get pulled down by the water molecules in the air. Way less of a chance. Also be patient, it takes a good 24-48 hours for it to look better. It can look like crap for awhile until the small amount of glue dries. When your doing installing them you feel the pressure of diffusing a bomb. :LOL:

Installing screen protectors gives me anxiety, I feel like Macgyver when doing it. I always get a spec or two in there and try to lift that section up then make it worse.

Ya and another word of advice, most glass screen protectors are all the same. Don't spend a lot. Most probably come from the same Chinese manufacture. Also get a dual pack, that way in case you mess one up your not out anything.

Installed one on my wife's new Ipad here a few days ago. Man the bigger the glass the harder it is to line up. I came out good though, only one tiny spec. The shower trick really works.

I heard it works better in conjunction with taking a big pile of steaming dump. No specs.

Back