All things related to the Sony Playstation platforms

I'll give my honest opinion on the ps4 latest firmware. I believe that they have had the capability to play 3d with the firmware for awhile now, but because of Microsoft's recent announcement they were forced to release it instead of saving it for a later time.

Apparently the order 1186 no other console can handle the power.Source
I guess it left out the quoted dude you had in here, but sure it wouldn't work on PSP, and maybe not last gen consoles. It's been a PS exclusive its entire life, so I doubt they ever considered or looked at attempting it on Xbox One.

I'll give my honest opinion on the ps4 latest firmware. I believe that they have had the capability to play 3d with the firmware for awhile now, but because of Microsoft's recent announcement they were forced to release it instead of saving it for a later time.
I've not decided if I think they had this coming, or if their hand was forced by the announcement. Both consoles were capable and just needed firmware/software, and Sony owns BD and they had 3D on the PS3, so I'm with you and even if it didn't have the capability to do it before the coming update, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they just threw it together and are working to shove it out before the X1 gets it.I had wondered if weekly updates were normal on PS4, given apparently one came in the last week or so and now they say 3D BD by next week. Sounds like frequent updates haven't been common though

http://bgr.com/2014/07/23/xbox-one-vs-ps4-updates

Ya updates for the PS4 have been rare so far and most are just "stability issues". Word on the street is each month Microsoft will be releasing a patch. So it will be interesting to see what Sony does. I honestly believe it was to beat Microsoft. Like I said there were thread with pissed off people threatening to go but an xbox just because of this (look at me). But I am glad to see Sony beat them to the punch. Nothing wrong with a little competition to get the wheels moving.

Word on the street? Xbox has been getting a monthly update every month for the past 6 months or more.... I'm sure that will eventually slow down, but probably not anytime soon.

Word on the street? Xbox has been getting a monthly update every month for the past 6 months or more.... I'm sure that will eventually slow down, but probably not anytime soon.
Co-worker said he heard that it's suppose to be each month for the xbox now for new features. I said they will eventually run out of ideas.

Apparently the order 1186 no other console can handle the power.Source
I am not going to deny that the PS4 is a bit more powerful but game companies make these statements all the time and I don't buy it. Why? Because any game can be programmed to run on any system as long as the programmers are competent and know how to actually program.

Co-worker said he heard that it's suppose to be each month for the xbox now for new features. I said they will eventually run out of ideas.
I think that's the same thing I just said, except I pointed out that they've been doing that already for the past many months. Some of the new features have been better than others, just depends on the user and which added features they were excited to see come and which of them were not so exciting.

I think that's the same thing I just said, except I pointed out that they've been doing that already for the past many months. Some of the new features have been better than others, just depends on the user and which added features they were excited to see come and which of them were not so exciting.
Hey I am happy if it pushes Sony to do it I am all for it. I hope the rush to 3D is just the beginning. I will admit since the new guy took over the xbox division he is going in the right direction. Now where did I leave my kool-aid?

I am not going to deny that the PS4 is a bit more powerful but game companies make these statements all the time and I don't buy it. Why? Because any game can be programmed to run on any system as long as the programmers are competent and know how to actually program.
nrr3z1Y.gif

Sony announces line up:

PlayStation 4:

Battlefield: Hardline

Bloodborne

CounterSpy

Driveclub

Surgeon Simulator

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Alien: Isolation

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Far Cry 4

WWE 2K15

NBA 2K15

Assaulrt Android Cactus

Pix the Cat

Nom Nom Galaxy

Nuclear Throne

Galak-Z

Project Cars

Disney Infinity 2

Hohokum

Helldivers

Destiny

Until Dawn

The Unfinished Swan

The Order: 1886

The Last of Us Remastered

Super Exploding Zoo

SingStar

Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition

LittleBigPlanet 3

Killzone: Shadow Fall Intercept

Journey

inFamous First Light

Hustle Kings

Love that they are bringing alot of the best games from the ps3 over like Journey and The Unfinished Swan. Loved both of these amazing, amazing games.

Love that they are bringing alot of the best games from the ps3 over like Journey and The Unfinished Swan. Loved both of these amazing, amazing games.
Wait, I thought remastering or remaking games was stupid?

I just don't understand this list... DLC in it, a few exclusives, some remasters, and a lot of cross platform. But where are all the other cross platform games?

I just don't understand this list... DLC in it, a few exclusives, some remasters, and a lot of cross platform. But where are all the other cross platform games?
They announced it at game con or something.

There are alot of games I do want to play for the PS4 like transistor, valiant hearts, and of course the re-masted The last of us. I think that game alone would make you get a PS4. *cough @ndboarder

A remastered game that I could play on my PS3 would make me get a PS4? Nope, but I'll probably wait to play the Last of Us until I have a PS4. There's plenty of exclusives that would make me, just waiting for more of them...

Anyway, my point was more that their list from ComicCon seems incomplete and missing a number of upcoming cross platform games, but including others. Just trying to understand why some made their list and others didn't.

That and the fact that you are trying to convince yourself one console is all you need so badly that you love it that they are remastering or remaking games on PS, but have criticized remakes or ports on the Xbox

Child of Light I need to play also.

Back