Cloned food your thoughts?

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So i see the FDA approved the cloning of animals for food. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this? Think it's a good idea? Me personally i think no. What i think you will find down the road is there will arise problems from this. I think you would need at least 10 years in testing for something like this. I mean are we running out of food so bad that we need to clone things? Or at least put warning lables on things and say it has come from a cloned animal so we have a choice. Your thoughts?

I don't think there can ever be any health issues. The only thing strange is the DNA and that has never had any adverse effects on anyone.

I don't think there can ever be any health issues. The only thing strange is the DNA and that has never had any adverse effects on anyone.
But what about corruption with DNA after to may clonings? I mean if you clone a clone and clone that clone and keep going don't you think that there might be a chance of DNA breaking down? I just don't think there has been enough testing. This is a new technology that has only been around for a few years.

How many times have you seen a drug or a food "okayed" by the FDA - then years or months later further research shows that it is bad for you, kills you, or causes some horrible thing to happen to you?  :shock:

How many times have you seen a drug or a food "okayed" by the FDA - then years or months later further research shows that it is bad for you, kills you, or causes some horrible thing to happen to you?  :shock:
welcome back Robyn!

welcome back Robyn!
Thanks!! :gay:

Meat is meat. The DNA gets good and screwed up when the frying pan is done with it anyway.

I don't see how it can be economical for a farmer to clone a beef cow as opposed to just raising one the horny way.  You would think cloned foods would cost more.  However, if it looked good and tasted good, it's going in my belly.

So i see the FDA approved the cloning of animals for food. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this? Think it's a good idea? Me personally i think no. What i think you will find down the road is there will arise problems from this. I think you would need at least 10 years in testing for something like this. I mean are we running out of food so bad that we need to clone things? Or at least put warning lables on things and say it has come from a cloned animal so we have a choice. Your thoughts?
Personally I'd like to see more testing before eating anything from a cloned animal as well, though I suppose as far as my body is concerned it only cares about the nutrients in the meat not the DNA it is made of.  At any rate if they labeled products I'd avoid cloned food, but then I bet a lot of people would and we'd see a premium price on food from the "original stock"

Personally I'd like to see more testing before eating anything from a cloned animal as well, though I suppose as far as my body is concerned it only cares about the nutrients in the meat not the DNA it is made of.  At any rate if they labeled products I'd avoid cloned food, but then I bet a lot of people would and we'd see a premium price on food from the "original stock"
Ya it would be no different than "organic" food that carries a higher price tag.

Here is a funny story from a few years back. Was probably 2001. I worked for a local grocery store. And my boss came in one day and said he got an urgent fax and some lady was coming in. She came in and pulled all of our Taco Bell brand taco shells off the shelf. I guess they were using some cloned corn in the making of it and something went wrong so they all had to be pulled off the shelf. I remember it was like a big thing.

Here is a funny story from a few years back. Was probably 2001. I worked for a local grocery store. And my boss came in one day and said he got an urgent fax and some lady was coming in. She came in and pulled all of our Taco Bell brand taco shells off the shelf. I guess they were using some cloned corn in the making of it and something went wrong so they all had to be pulled off the shelf. I remember it was like a big thing.
lol, either that or some crook with a hunger for taco's came up with a good scheme!

thats interesting, but the big question is did you have to clean up any spills in aisle 9?

thats interesting, but the big question is did you have to clean up any spills in aisle 9?
All the time  :)

Back