What's new
Fluxoid forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5G coming and it's health effects.

ryanator

Mathematical
With 5G service preparing to come soon, there has been some increased media attention of it's possible health effects. This isn't your typical, "oh, cell phone's are going to cause us cancer in 30 years", but a more heightened concern due to how strong 5G is and the close proximity it needs to be to people. The strength of 4G was on par with the "30 year cancer concern" and other subtle long term health effects. 4G has had it's studies and has shown to physically change the response waves of the brain and people who work near it having multitudes of health problems.

If you think that's just nonsense, ask anyone who works close around these types of radio signals, there is safety steps that needs to be followed. I sometimes (luckily rarely) have to work directly with communication radios, and the techs of the vendors who make them, even tell me to make sure I turn the radio off right away after done configuring it because of the it's strong frequencies and high chance of getting a headache and blurry vision. It wasn't a light caution either, but more direct.

Where I live, Verizon got approval from the city three years ago to build 9 new tower sites with large antennas. I was notified at the time because one was suppose to go up close to my old house. I would bet that it was for preparing the new 5G services. They still haven't built the tower yet, but that was one of the reason's I sold my house, on top of I had a feeling of the housing market coming to a halt here.

Personally, I don't think it can be too healthy for living things to be constantly exposed to this stuff.

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
Interesting. I always say the same thing about how bad they are, but no one ever seems to really care. Shoot I know cell phones are bad and yet I use them like everyone else. Lets see, satellites cook us from space, and cell towers cook us on the lower portions.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
Maybe I don't know enough about all the technologies and such but what I read about the type of "radiation" from wi-fi and cell towers is it's not the type of radiation from say an x-ray. It's a non-ionizing radiation where x-rays and such have ionizing. I wish I could find the explanation I read where cell towers just use what radio broadcasts use in terms of signal. I think it was explained the worst you could get is a "burn" as it's basically just "cell phones send out electromagnetic waves (like light, but much lower frequency so they're invisible) from their antennas. Fundamentally, it is a radiative system - the cell phone antenna is a source of energy, which is radiated outward. "

You will get far more "radiation" from eating a banana or being in the sun. I'm just being a realist here and not going to worry about stupid trivial things in life when the real answer is getting old is bad for our health...end of discussion.

If we want to argue about, well before technology and preservatives, GMOs, and all these other current day "fears" stop. Live expectancy is far and above higher than what it was before any of this stuff was introduced. People died and I bet if we knew the actual cause I bet there was plenty of cancer but back then we did not know it. Now I will agree more natural living would be beneficial but I'm not going to go into "socks and sandals" territory...

nodle

Forum Nazi
Staff member
If cell towers aren't bad then why do they have to shut them down before climbing or working on them? That is what I have heard at least, that the amount of radiation they pump out they have to be off while being around them.

ryanator

Mathematical
Yes, even being non ionizing radiation, the concern is still that it is getting increasingly stronger and slowly making the earth a low powered microwave. Sunlight itself is has this, but is regulated in it's natural cycle and depending on how much a person exposes themselves to it's UV rays. Man made things, like the many electronics along with light bulbs, produce non ionizing radiation. With 5G, they will need to build many short towers within a 100 yards or so, to be connected everywhere, producing a strong constant signal.

C Pav

Codename: GB6
If cell towers aren't bad then why do they have to shut them down before climbing or working on them? That is what I have heard at least, that the amount of radiation they pump out they have to be off while being around them.
I don't know, why do you turn off a car when working on it? A computer? A lawnmower? Pretty much anything or anything electrical or that runs.

Okay I can agree that yeah with the frequencies becoming stronger and different than anything we have ever seen or studied who knows. All I know is I am not going to spend my life worrying about things and just enjoy life since when I'm dead nothing matters anyway. Why waste your life worrying? Just go do things.

Top Bottom