What's new
Fluxoid

Welcome to Fluxoid. Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today!

3D Printers

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well I did it, I finally swapped out my hot end fan and cooling fan. Also flashed to 1.10 Marlin.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Pretty excited. Finally found a great hot end mount that works perfect. Got a new bowden extruder coming this week which I will swap out and a few new other parts.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Got my new extruder hooked up and firmware flashed. Works great! It really turned out nice.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
improving your quality of life?

This basically control the filament being pushed out. It's a 3to1 gear ratio so more accuracy. One of the biggest reasons I went this way was to get my filament away from my z-rod. That is just a bad design.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I must say I may have reached perfection with my printer. Flashed new firmware this morning and actually printed a useful piece for my truck and it turned out flawless.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well it has been awhile, so much other stuff going one. But broke it out tonight and had to setup everything again. Flashed to latest Marlin firmware, my z-offset stayed the same, and got my Octoprint up to date and printed a small test print and it came out perfect. I have the thing perfectly dialed in. :cool:

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Printing this to put money in it for a Christmas gift. Should keep them occupied for awhile.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
I was impressed by the quality of the labyrinth thing. It turned out quite nice, and works good. I would say it's about 6 inches high by 2 inches wide. I kinda want to print more just because of how well it come out. Took about 6-7 hours for both pieces.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Well the labyrinth box was a huge hit tonight at present opening. In fact everyone loved it, it got passed around more than anything.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Ughhh I need to get back into printing. Think I will order some gold filament to try out.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
Don't ask me why but I feel like printing the Indiana Jones idol.

nodle

Cheesemonger
Administrator
So finally broke her back out. Updated to latest firmware. Added a bunch of parts I purchased awhile back and redid my fan setup. Tried out my gold filament as well. Looks about as true to gold color as you can get.