Fallout 4 Xbox achievements not working

nodle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I would make a thread on this, hopefully it will help someone out. In the Xbox thread I was complaining about my Fallout 4 achievements not working. Well, I think I found the cause. If you're using an adblocker program, in my case NextDNS, this is what was blocking the achievements:

Lightswitch05 - Ads & Tracking

So, make sure that you don't use this one. After disabling it I am now getting achievements, but it looks like I won't get the ones I missed in the beginning. I am hoping that they will all push though, of that Xbox would store them so when they are unblocked, they would push though. But I don't think it will happen. I hope this helps someone else out.

Now that you say this, I've heard of things like PiHole or such messing with connectivity issues or other things across various platforms. I think I have specifically heard of this issue with achievements once before, but it's been a while and I didn't think of it.

I don't think Xbox is good with customer service, but usually what they code works how it should before they release it.

I have 900/1000 gamerscore on Diablo III on xbox for instance, and one time my internet went out while I was progressing the last achievement. Now, no matter how many times I do the achievement, I never get progress, and customer service gave me advice that never worked and the problem still isn't solved.

Basically, I think my particular bug happened as a result of their "always online" coding/programming. When the xbox service couldn't sync with my service, some unknown error must have occurred. It still doesn't explain why it would be permanently bugged though, or why they couldn't directly help me when I called.

It's a minor thing but it is indicative of what you run into.

I don't think Xbox is good with customer service, but usually what they code works how it should before they release it.

I have 900/1000 gamerscore on Diablo III on xbox for instance, and one time my internet went out while I was progressing the last achievement. Now, no matter how many times I do the achievement, I never get progress, and customer service gave me advice that never worked and the problem still isn't solved.

Basically, I think my particular bug happened as a result of their "always online" coding/programming. When the xbox service couldn't sync with my service, some unknown error must have occurred. It still doesn't explain why it would be permanently bugged though, or why they couldn't directly help me when I called.

It's a minor thing but it is indicative of what you run into.
See this is why I don't understand why they don't have an offline achievement system, where it knows you have earned it but it just backs it up until it senses internet and then pushes them out to the server to awards you.

Back