What's new

3D and resin based printers

nodle

Administrator
Broke my Delta out again tonight, had to remember how to add the custom Gcode again. Daughter is really interested in printing now.

nodle

Administrator
So an update, I was up till about 12:30 last night cleaning up. Everything printed excellent. Coming from an FDM printer to resin, the detail is just so much more. There is some messy cleanup though. Supports broke free so easy and clean. I spilt a little resin filtering it back into the bottle, but nothing horrible. I will try to take a picture of the little miniature later.

nodle

Administrator
Loving the printer so far, I am in the process of printing my largest print so far. Getting down the cleanup better as well. I plan on posting photos soon.

nodle

Administrator
Well it was a close one last night I was pushing it, I am completely out of resin now. I've got a 1000ml bottle on it's way.

nodle

Administrator
These were the first two I printed and dry brushed, I am almost done with a large scale frost giant next.

HSuvfp0.jpg

nodle

Administrator
I have been pretty busy for a month or so, but today I finally got to print something again, and it is turning out great, I will try to post a pic when I get finished.

nodle

Administrator
I just entered some of my models in the local fair tonight to get judged this weekend. We will see how it goes.

jmanz

I just entered some of my models in the local fair tonight to get judged this weekend. We will see how it goes.
They are going to load you up in a horse trailer and drop you off in Bozeman.

jmanz

Well for those wondering, I won both first and second for my model group.
Margaret was not happy that her homemade jam didn't win a blue ribbon for the 28 consecutive year.

nodle

Administrator
Where is the post that you list the specs on your printers?  
Which ones would you like to know about? I have 3:

2 FDM:

Creality Cr10s

CR-10S 3D Printer (creality.com)

Mine has been modded heavily.

Monoprice Delta Mini

Monoprice Mini Delta V2 3D Printer - Monoprice.com

Again mine has been heavily modified.

Elegoo Mars 2

ELEGOO Mars 2 Mono LCD MSLA Resin 3D Printer – ELEGOO Official

If your interested you can read back through the thread and see my adventures with them. Once you go resin it's hard to go back to plastic.