All things related to the Sony Playstation platforms

dotfr6o7kgn41.jpg

Good side by side. Can see the Xbox is higher in most, except the HDD speed. So it should load a little faster; however despite the big IO difference I don't think it will be too noticeable at those speeds when there's only 16GB of RAM to load anything into either console could load data fast enough to be negligibly noticeable, much less notice a big difference. We'll see though

All right let's talk about the PS5's new controller. What do you think? Original, or a knock off of the Xbox's controller?

y5u790bm9hr41.jpg

Acknowledgement of a good design, semi rip off with normal PS stick placement. Wonder how much the touch pad thing will still be used in new games. I hated the little I ever play my PS4 and had to use it or having to hit the small buttons near it for anything - hopefully it's just there more for backward compatibility than required use.

Well it's been a fun run, sold my PS4 to my coworker for his kids. Theirs died on them. Thanks for all the memories!

Impressive!

So how many of you are thinking of getting the PS5?

So what's everyone take on the new design?

I think I actually prefer the Xbox's design over Sony's myself.

vL6XNiD.jpg

The Xbox seems like it is more built for airflow. The size comparison of the two consoles is interesting. Sample image below, but it is speculation too since these sized are based on the size of the DVD slot. While Sony's curves and images made their console seem smaller to me, it looks like it will actually be quite a bit taller than others, but not quite as wide. The digital only (without a drive) may be slimmer. Guess a few years makes a difference since no one is complaining they have a digital only console. The drive on the PS5 seems like they designed for digital only and after XSX still had a drive they had to just slap a drive on their SP5 somehow to have a disc based offering as well.

WCCFplaystation55-scaled.jpg

Looks like $499 for the PS5 as well. $399 for the all digital version. The all digital seems like a decent deal since it's the same hardware, just minus the drive, if you don't care about discs.

Speculation is that the pricing dropped after the Xbox pricing announcements. They also say there will be limited quantities due to supply chain, I've seen some wonderings if this has more to do with getting production costs down due to the pricing. Either way, pretty standard.

Looks like $499 for the PS5 as well. $399 for the all digital version. The all digital seems like a decent deal since it's the same hardware, just minus the drive, if you don't care about discs.Speculation is that the pricing dropped after the Xbox pricing announcements. They also say there will be limited quantities due to supply chain, I've seen some wonderings if this has more to do with getting production costs down due to the pricing. Either way, pretty standard.
I also read an article about the production problems as well. Personally I like the Xbox X style the best out of all of them. The PS5 is just ugly.

I also read an article about the production problems as well. Personally I like the Xbox X style the best out of all of them. The PS5 is just ugly.
I agree on the design. Currently I intend to go with an Xbox X, upgrade my 1080ti to one of the newer 3080/3090 cards and eventually I'll get a digital PS5. Not certain if I'll bother at launch or not
Conspiracy theory for you on those "production problems" - rumor has it their prices were originally a fair amount higher, like the digital only PS5 being the $499 option. So are there really production issues or do they need to lower output and buy time while they get the production costs down now to limit the loss per console sold?

Conspiracy theory for you on those "production problems" - rumor has it their prices were originally a fair amount higher, like the digital only PS5 being the $499 option. So are there really production issues or do they need to lower output and buy time while they get the production costs down now to limit the loss per console sold?
This is it. Everyone knows this is exactly what happened.

upgrade my 1080ti to one of the newer 3080/3090 cards
They are pretty awesome cards. Should play Solitaire nicely.

One thing for sure, this next generation will make places like GameStop go out of business starting to going diskless.

What happened to Sony this generation? Me and @C Pav were talking about this. Everyone on boards and forums are bashing them, no one wants a PS5 anymore.

Back